Social Media Policy & Disclaimer
Destination Bryan welcomes and encourages open dialogue on our Social Media Site(s) and looks forward to comments and suggestions. Before you post, please make sure you read and understand our Social Media Policy & Disclaimer.
The opinions and/or views expressed on Destination Bryan’s Social Media Site(s), including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube pages, represent the thoughts of individuals and online communities, and not solely those of Destination Bryan.
Destination Bryan will make reasonable efforts to monitor, measure, moderate and engage visitors and citizens on our Social Media Site(s). We will strive to acknowledge comments or queries as quickly as possible. Response times may differ depending on the volume of posts that we receive.
Destination Bryan and its employees/contractors will take all possible steps to ensure that all the information posted is complete and accurate. If a posting is discovered to be inaccurate we will do our best to correct it immediately. No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed, or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, is given with respect to the contents of Social Media or its links to other online resources.
Posts on Destination Bryan Social Media Site(s) will not be moderated before they appear. However, we reserve the right to review, edit and/or delete any comments we deem as inappropriate use.
Users who do not adhere to the following guidelines may have their comments and privileges edited or removed:
- Be polite: Inappropriate language will not be tolerated and posts containing discriminatory, racist, offensive, obscene, vulgar, profane, inflammatory, unlawful or otherwise inappropriate and/or objectionable statements, language or content will be removed.
- Personal attacks: We recognize that questioning, constructive arguments and opinions are part of conversation, but posts with aggressive personal attacks, defamatory in nature and/or threatening will be removed immediately.
- Personal information: For your own safety and the safety of others, posts that violate privacy and/or include personal information including your own will be removed.
- On-topic comments: All discussion participants are reminded to stay on topic. Off-topic comments and postings will be removed to encourage and facilitate effective discussions.
- Political comments: Blatantly partisan comments, such as those explicitly in support of/or detracting from a candidate or potential candidate will be removed.
- Comment spam: Posts deemed as spam and/or explicit commercial endorsements will be removed.
- Blocking: Individuals who repeatedly disregard these discussion guidelines may be banned from participating on Destination Bryan’s Social Media Sites.
Inappropriate Use – means one or more of the following:
- Transmitting any materials in violation of local, state or national laws;
- Using vulgar, profane or inappropriate language;
- Transmitting or posting threatening, abusive, discriminatory or obscene material;
- Duplicating, storing or transmitting copyrighted material;
- Lobbying for political purposes;
- Duplicating, storing or transmitting pornographic material;
- Suggesting or supporting illegal activity;
- Posting material that is likely to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Advertising or soliciting on behalf of businesses or not-for-profit organizations;
- Posting material that is not topically related to the Content; and
- Repetitive or multiple postings by a single user.
By submitting content to any Destination Bryan Social Media Site(s), you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public and may be considered a public record.
If you have questions about our social media policy, email: email@example.com or write to:
Attn: Website Manager
P.O. Box 1074
Bryan, Texas 77806